Are you looking for a great way to celebrate the holidays with your students, while making a variety of curricular and cultural connections? Check out PROJECTS BY JEN. Jen’s projects are always well organized and this one will be no exception. I love how she has included a component of service by having classes send a card to a children’s charity.
- Pin a Google Map with the places that you are sending cards to and where you receive them from
- Have students research the places their letters are going
- Students can calculate the distances that the letters are going to travel
- Make Skype calls with the classes you are coordinating with to share about your schools
- Make comparisons with the students in different schools
- Students can generate a digital “ad” for their class to teach more about your area and share that link with your card.
- Blog about the experience of exchanging cards
- The possibilities are endless!
Thanks Jen for coordinating this awesome opportunity!