Right now, we are doing an integrated unit for Language Arts and the Civil War. We wanted to figure out a way to bring in speaking and listening in a more direct way, so we thought it would be great to build in some Readers’ Theater. My kids LOVE it! We are using the scripts as fiction and non-fiction reading with a special focus on prosody and point of view. At the end of the unit, we are having the kids write their own monologues from the point of view of one of the historical figures from the Civil War. Here are some of the awesome scripts we’ve found!
- Civil War Readers Theater
- Ballard of Abraham Lincoln
- Will the Real Abraham Lincoln Please Stand Up?
- Abraham Lincoln: Holding the Nation Together
- Causes of the Civil War
- Civil War Events
- The Civil War Through a Child’s Eyes
- Gettysburg and Mr. Lincoln’s Speech
- Women in the War