Recently I was contacted about checking out one of IPEVO‘s newest products, the IS-01 Interactive Whiteboard System. I will say that I have been a fan of IPEVO’s products for years. I, first, got one of their Point2View document cameras a few years ago when they were just $69, which was just unheard of for the time. I used it for everything from the intended document camera to a flexible, portable video conferencing camera. I was excited about the opportunity to check out the new IS-01 Interactive Whiteboard System, which is retailing for just $149.
Here’s a bit from IPEVO’s specifications… and my comments on my experiences:
- Turn your existing whiteboard or projector surface into an interactive whiteboard
- I totally turned my dining room wall into a whiteboard. I grabbed my netbook, a spare projector, and the box, and that was it! The wall was rough, but it worked beautifully and it is clearly a smooth process. The touch is light, very much like my experiences with a SMART board and my current Epson pen.
- Easy setup and calibration; start using IS-01 in less than 5 minutes
- 5 minutes was right… and that included downloading the software from the IPEVO website since my netbook does not have a CD drive to run the included CD. I loved that everything we needed right in the box, all the way down to batteries for the pen.
- Control your computer remotely; use the Interactive Pen as a computer cursor
- I love this! My own boys were testing things out at home, and they picked it up very easily. It immediately made me think of possibilities for homework help and home schooling. Because it serves as such a portable and easy-to-set up option, it’s got great potential for non-traditional learning set ups.
- Annotate your text and images with our free IPEVO Annotator software for PC or Mac
- This was simple and straight forward. If you are expecting something robust and full, it’s not. It does cover the basics, offer a space for note taking and problem solving, and even includes a solution for bringing in additional images and screen captures for annotation.
- Even more teaching possibilities when you use IS-01 with an IPEVO doc cam
- I can’t wait to try this out! The possibilities for annotation and screen capture are exciting.
- Lightweight, compact and portable for teacher or classroom changes
- I think this is where the IPEVO IS-01 has the potential to be a game changer. It’s easy to set up. It’s light weight and portable. It doesn’t require additional equipment that is cumbersome or hard to find, and provides a solution for non-traditional and mobile classroom teachers. I’m imagining my gym teacher having the ability to do lessons on his gym wall, my librarian being able to reach the too tall screen in her library, and some of our tutoring teachers to be able to make successful use of non-traditional spaces. And, at $149, it is workable for even the tightest budgets!
Check out everything that IPEVO has to offer – smart and successful learning solutions for today’s classrooms!